A late New Year’s post
The first week of the New Year’s has been crazy and so I haven’t had the time to write/post this. But I just wanted to make a brief post to look back at the last years and ahead at the next, because that’s what people do around this time right?
What an incredible year!
The highlights include:
- Graduating college
- Moving to Thailand
- Getting this blog up and running
- Meeting new friends and keeping old ones
- Missing Christmas for the first time
- Falling off my motorcycle
- Having no idea what I want to do with my life
This year was by far the most tumultuous in my young life and I will look back on it fondly. I accomplished so many amazing things this year with the help and support of my friends and family. I am a college graduate and I am living abroad like I’ve wanted to for a long time. When I think back to 2015 I can tell it has been a year that has shaped me in many ways. As a teacher in a different education system these past few months, I’ve gained a deeper appreciation for my old teachers and the system I grew up in. As a new/returning blogger, I have built an appreciation for all the readers who offer me their support and understanding. This year is one that has taught me more about the value of what I have and how lucky I have been to this point.
The New Year’s eve and first week was also one of the wildest new beginnings I can remember and is a close second to my 2013/2014 New Year’s in London/Latvia. The first week has turned out to be one long party which has left me exhausted and spent but with a lasting smile on my face. I’ll detail more about this in another post but for now I just want to share my New Year’s resolutions.
- Read 52 books this year, or one every week – I know this might be hard on the road but with digital books available I think this can be achievable.
- Learn to meditate and keep it up for at least a month – I mean what better place or time to learn then right now and right here. I am choosing to make my goal to meditate for a month because I think that will be long enough to know if I want to continue. I don’t know if it will be for me but I want to take this opportunity to try it.
- Show more appreciation…to everyone – I hate to make a goal that is not concrete and can be left unaccounted but this is something I want to focus on this year. I’ll do my best and I urge all my readers to hold me accountable.
- Pick my camera back up, go on some sort of photo shoot every week – For someone who calls themselves a photographer, I’ve been seriously slacking lately in taking photos. I’m disappointed with myself and so I’m making a point to get back into making photos this year.